Children 2022-12-05T22:45:05+10:00
Children Visa - Carre Migration


This visa allows a child who is in Australia to stay in Australia.

A Child visa (subclass 802) lets an eligible parent sponsor their child to live in Australia indefinitely. The parent can apply on behalf of a child younger than 18 years of age.

An eligible parent is:

  • An Australian citizen
  • The holder of an Australian permanent resident visa
  • An eligible New Zealand citizen.

The child must be in Australia when the application is lodged and when the visa is granted.

This is a permanent residence visa. It allows the child to:

  • Stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
  • Apply for Australian citizenship (if they are eligible)
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted – after that time they will need another visa to enter Australia.