Parent / aged Parent

//Parent / aged Parent
Parent / aged Parent 2022-12-05T22:44:21+10:00
Parent and Aged Parent Visa - Carre Migration


The Aged Parent visa (subclass 804) lets older parents live permanently in Australia if they are the parents of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia.

Most applicants must be sponsored by their child. Your sponsor needs to have lived lawfully in Australia for the two years before the application is lodged.

You must be in Australia when you apply for this visa. You can apply only if your temporary visa lets you apply for another visa while you are in Australia. You must be in Australia when the visa is decided.

This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:

  • Stay in Australia indefinitely
  • Work and study in Australia
  • Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
  • Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
  • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
  • Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).