The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)

//The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) 2022-12-05T22:40:44+10:00
TEMPORARY VISAS - Carre Migration


The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) allows skilled workers to come to Australia and work for an approved business for up to four years.

You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.

You can be in or outside Australia when you lodge your application.

This visa allows you to:

  • Work in Australia for up to four years
  • Bring your family to work or study in Australia
  • Travel in and out of Australia as often as you want

This is a sponsored visa. Before you can apply for the visa, your employer must:

  • Become an approved sponsor
  • Nominate you for a position

You can apply for this visa at the same time your employer lodges their applications to sponsor and nominate you.

There was always an email (s) from Fiona everyday reminding me about something else I had to do. Fiona always kept me updated about the process. Fiona advised me of additional information that would help me with my application and I felt that she really wanted my Visa to be approved as much as I did, she always endeavoured to do her best for me.

Temporary visa granted.